Raised ‘platform’ in The Square
- A raised platform will be created within The Square and its approaches, reducing the kerb height to approximately 2cm. This will convey the impression that The Square is predominantly a pedestrian scaled place and that vehicles should proceed with caution. The surface could be brick pavers.
- A delivery and pick-up bay will be delineated on the southern side of the platform by a line of bollards to prevent vehicles going into the pedestrian part of The Square
- A new tree could be planted adjacent to the existing tree, which would reinforce the pedestrian priority of The Square, especially on approaching from North Street. This tree would replace the tree previously located near this point.
Note: This phase of consultation has now ended. You can still read the comments that people made, but you will not be able to add further comments. The sub-group will now consider all the feed-back and produce draft final proposals for consultation in March.
- What do you like about the Orange Option?
- What do you dislike about the Orange Option?
- Are there any changes you would make to the Orange Option