There are some features that are or could be common to each of the main options.
- Pavements to be widened at hazardous and cramped points at the entrances to the Square.
- The existing trees in the Square and by the bus stop on North Street will be retained.
- Existing paving to be replaced with a margin of flagstones of natural stone on the west and south side of the Square.
- Triangular space between the margins and the street; existing brick pavers to be taken up and re-laid as drainage channels, between bays of local aggregate bound surface finish.
- The existing clutter in the Square to be removed and new seating, waste bin and community notice board installed. Space for sitting out for the cafe to be retained.
- The cramped arrangement of the bus shelter and seat etc in North Street to be repositioned.
- A finger post to be installed near the Community Centre car park, to improve wayfinding to the Square from the Croft Way car park.
- Cycle parking to be installed.
- The former portico to the Town Hall to be reinstated to a design to enhance the civic presence of the Town Hall whilst minimising overshadowing the shopfront.
If you have any comments about the ‘common features’ please write them in the box below.